Thursday, June 18, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

The final part of our trip was the two day drive home. Most of it was spent driving across Kansas in the puring rain. We stopped at A Wizard Of Oz Museum. The had all sorts of displays, the actual house used in the movie and memorabilia. Lauren has a Dorothy costume and she thought it was great!


You know you are in Kansas when the car driving next to you has a weather station on top! Actually the day we were traveling there was a tornado warning for the whole region we were driving through!

Amber waves of grain



Every tiny town has a huge grain elevator. This is Fowler, Kansas the tiny town my husband lived in for awhile.


Lauren skipping down the yellow brick road(it looked a lot more yellow in person). She wore her Dorothy dress and ruby slippers.



After a long and very fun trip, this says it all!





2 comments:

jamirodana said...

Fun! I miss going to Kansas. My grandparents live in Wichita but haven't been for about 5 years now.
Looks like a fun trip. I think it is pretty out there.

mama_pj said...

Wow, I miss the site of the waving wheat and that old grain tower! I always thought the prairie was beautiful.
Lauren makes a perfect Dorothy!
Love the pictures!
XO

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates