I love October! Fall is beautiful in Albuquerque, the Balloon Fiesta is going on and it is General Conference. This weekend was filled with some of our favorite traditions. Saturday morning Keith got us up to go chase the balloons on Opening Day. We drive down by the river and most of them end up flying right by. this year the wind was just right and almost all of them came our way, it was perfect. Keith had gone to the store the night before for goodies. So when we got in the van in the morning we had drinks and goodies at each person's seat. We watched the balloons and then came home for Conference. We set up the tent so the kids could watch and I made cinnamon rolls. The morning session was awesome. We had lunch and then watched the afternoon session. Afterwards we had our traditional White Bean Soup. Keith went to Priesthood and I went to Deseret Book. Sunday we watched Conference at the Church and in the evening we had our traditional dessert and talked about Conference. It was a great weekend!
6 comments:
Cute photos!!!
What an adorable family! We had a great conference weekend too-just missing all of you! XO
what kind of dessert has wheat in it?
I LOVE this time of year too...especially in ABQ:(:( We did enjoy conference SO much. I'm always sad when the last session is over. I love your pics of the kids watching the balloons. We miss you guys. You are such good examples and such great people. Thanks for your love and support with Meg. How did Marla know? Just interested to know who she knows that we know too. I love how the word spreads and so do prayers. We felt so blessed.
I love conference weekend! So fun! Brett is still looking for jobs! New Mexico is definitely on our list. So far, we've made a list of places we'd like to live...I don't know if we are going about it the right way! :0) haha This year is flying by! AAhh!! We are going to be in the "real world" before we know it.
ditto to what is the dessert?
Post a Comment