This weekend the Albuquerque Model Yacht Club had their annual regatta. We decided to take the kids to watch. We told them we were taking them to a really neat place for a fun event. We also said that it would be a surprise. Of course they just had to know where we were going and begged us incessantly to tell them. I finally told them it was a Regatta since I knew they would have no idea what that was. We went over to Tingley Beach Saturday morning and brought a picnic lunch. We watched them sail their ships for awhile and I was educated on the basics of sailing. It was fun to learn a bit more, it really made me want to try it sometime. The sail boats weren't the only things on the water, there were hundreds of birds! We saw Canadian Geese and mallards (That is the extent of my bird identification knowledge). After we watched the boats for awhile we had a picnic and then the kids played. It was a very relaxing afternoon!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are full of adventure over there in New Mexico. That tree the kids were playing on is really fun, it makes me think we spend too much on these elaborate playgrounds; just stick some fallen trees on the playgrounds. The kids would have just as much fun on those. I love that candid picture of Ella with the curlers in her hair that Caleb fashioned on her.
Post a Comment