Friday, November 26, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

This year I hosted Thanksgiving at my house and my parents came over. It was a nice and relaxing evening. Keith and I agreed that the food was so delicious, everything came out perfectly. I, of course, ate way too much but I couldn't help myself. I love a good thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful to be with my family and reflect upon my many, many blessings.


The Family




This year I decided to make a Pumpkin Cheesecake with a ginger pecan crust and a caramelized pecan topping. I even made the whipped topping from scratch. It was definitely a labor of love as it required about 3 hours of work and a water bath. But the end result was great and it was super yummy. Although I am pretty sure it had more calories than the dinner!



I made a cherry pie for my dad, it is his favorite.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Way to go Pamela and Keith. That is a lot of work even if you did have a smaller crowd. There are so many things that are traditions for Thanksgiving that you feel you can't do without. The pies look amazing...Betty Crocker herself couldn't do any better.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates