Monday, November 1, 2010

The Real Halloween

Because Halloween was on a Sunday this year, we celebrated at home. The whole family was asked to speak at the To'hajiilee Branch out on the Navajo Reservation. It was a really neat experience. It is about an hour drive out there, so we loaded up the kids and drove out there for their 11:00 Sacrament Meeting. Keith and I spoke and Caleb and Lauren bore their testimonies. It is a small Branch so all they have is Sacrament Meeting. The whole Branch is made up of mostly one family. The mother has 14 children, most grown and married now with their own children. So almost everyone in the Branch is from her posterity, it was pretty neat. They were all so kind and welcoming. It was really a privilege to be able to speak there. Afterwards, we had a picnic lunch by the Church before the drive back home. That evening we went on a walk by the river. The leaves are changing, the weather was warm and it was so beautiful! The kids had a blast digging in the river bed and playing imaginary games. Keith and I were the King and Queen and they were our loyal subjects, all their idea I might add. It was such a peaceful day! We came home and had dinner and made our traditional caramel apples. They were so yummy!


Ella running to catch up


Beautiful Lauren



Our loyal subjects building us a tower of sand so we could overlook our kingdom.


Keith, Naomi and Lauren


Caleb wasn't eating much of his apple, then I realized it was because he had recently lost his other front tooth. Pretty hard to eat a caramel apple with no front teeth. Our solution was to cut it up so he could enjoy.




The apple was so heavy that Ella had a hard time lifting it up and eating it. Her solution was to set it on the table and just eat it from there!

3 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

What a neat experience. PLEASE beg Keith to fix your blog so it will send updates to me. I always miss your comments.

Nicki said...

I love those pictures! What a beautiful family with a pretty backdrop. I wish I could've enjoyed those apples with you:)

mama_pj said...

Caramel Apples!!! They are the most wonderful treat in the fall-what a great tradition. The costumes are so cute...I especially love the chicken costume. :)

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates