Eli started his very first day of Preschool today! A few weeks ago I just had this feeling that I should get him into a local preschool. We do a little preschool swap with some other moms, but it is all people that he knows from church. I realized that he will be starting Kindergarten soon and has never really done anything outside the home on his own. I thought that doing preschool for a few months might help ease that transition to all day kindergarten in the Fall. Luckily, a fabulous preschool nearby had an opening so I rushed over and signed him up to start in February. We talked all about how fun school would be and how he could make new friends. I even did some role playing with him on introducing himself to people he doesn't know and inviting them to play. Sadly, the week he was supposed to start was the big freeze week and they canceled school, so he had to start the next week. That first day he walked right into the classroom ready to go, I was so proud of him! When I picked him up he was all smiles and talked about how much he loved it. His teacher said that he did amazingly well. Now each day he gets up and gets himself dressed and asks how much longer until school starts. Too bad he has afternoon school and has to wait all morning. I am so glad that he is doing so well and is so happy! I am very grateful for that prompting to do this for him, and to know that God really does care about the details of our lives'. Especially when I am trying to make important decisions for my children.
Monday, February 7, 2011
1st Day of Preschool
Eli started his very first day of Preschool today! A few weeks ago I just had this feeling that I should get him into a local preschool. We do a little preschool swap with some other moms, but it is all people that he knows from church. I realized that he will be starting Kindergarten soon and has never really done anything outside the home on his own. I thought that doing preschool for a few months might help ease that transition to all day kindergarten in the Fall. Luckily, a fabulous preschool nearby had an opening so I rushed over and signed him up to start in February. We talked all about how fun school would be and how he could make new friends. I even did some role playing with him on introducing himself to people he doesn't know and inviting them to play. Sadly, the week he was supposed to start was the big freeze week and they canceled school, so he had to start the next week. That first day he walked right into the classroom ready to go, I was so proud of him! When I picked him up he was all smiles and talked about how much he loved it. His teacher said that he did amazingly well. Now each day he gets up and gets himself dressed and asks how much longer until school starts. Too bad he has afternoon school and has to wait all morning. I am so glad that he is doing so well and is so happy! I am very grateful for that prompting to do this for him, and to know that God really does care about the details of our lives'. Especially when I am trying to make important decisions for my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment