Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Bubonic Plague

The Plague has hit our home big time. It all started about 2 1/2 weeks ago during the bitter cold week with no school. Lauren comes to me and tells me that her tummy hurts. Later that day she throws up, then Ella throws up. I start to feel sick a few days later, then the boys get it. Then finally Keith succumbs and gets sick. That night I start to feel achy and my throat starts hurting. I am really hoping that I can fight it off. By the next morning I am really sick. I take the highest dose you can of ibuprofen and Tylenol around the clock and I still have a high fever and the shakes. I keep getting worse and after four days Keith insists that I finally go to the doctor. Turns out I have strep, so they give me a mega dose shot of penicillin. It also turns out that the shot costs $266, yikes! I am just glad that insurance covers most of it. Two days later I am still not better. Apparently I also have the flu, the real deal. Yep the flu and strep, it doesn't get much worse than that. After 9 days of being super sick I finally start to feel a little better. Then comes those dreaded words from Lauren and Caleb, "Mom, I don't feel very good." I bring them home from school to find Keith's car in the garage. Yep, he is really sick too. We all spend the night (our 9th Anniversary) a pitiful mess, lounging with fever in the living room. Today, Keith is feeling a bit better, the kids are not. To date, we have had sickness in our home for 19 straight days, yuck! We rarely get sick, so I guess we are making up for lost time! I think we would just like our health back

PS: The washing machine also broke during the middle of this madness, super fun! I am just thankful it broke on the last load of the day and so we are at least caught up with clothes for a week or so!

Eli was so tired that he fell asleep during dinner

4 comments:

Cheri said...

I am so sorry your home has been the target of ickiness. Hope you get back to feeling your healthy selves once again.

Jana and Mario said...

Sorry you have all been sick, that really stinks. Hope you guys are feeling better and running full speed again soon.

mama_pj said...

I am grateful that the winter is nearly over so you can all be well again. So sorry that you have all been sick.

Nicki said...

YUCKKKKK!!! So sorry to hear that you've all been so sick. I had to catch up--great for Eli to be going to preschool. Looks like you guys had so much fun while school was out. How did you convince them to go back to school:)? We still haven't seen Wicked. . . Someday.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates