Keith decided that it was time to potty train Ella. Anyone who has potty trained a child knows that it ends up training the parent as well. I always dread potty training because inevitably the following situations occur:
1. You are standing in the check out line with a full cart of groceries and you child informs you that they need to go to the bathroom that instant!
2. You are in the car in the middle of nowhere and the child tells you they need to go potty "really bad".
3. The big dilemma, wash the poopy underwear or throw them away.
4. An accident on the carpet.
5. Mounds of toilet paper piled in the toilet.
My line of thinking is to wait so long to potty train that the child just trains them self. OK, so we haven't actually gone that route, but it is my secret wish. I guess I can't complain too much since Keith has trained all of the kids previously. And I have to say that he did a really good job at it as well! This go round I have done most of the work myself. Ella is doing pretty well. She loves to wear underwear and now that she does she has discovered some amazing things. She is very impressed with the fact that she has private parts. She frequently states with great pride,
"I have privates, I am sooo lucky!"
We get a good laugh over that one. So for the next few weeks if you want to get a hold of me, we are probably in the bathroom!
5 comments:
I have never waited long enough to where the parent isn't the one being trained as well. I am hoping I have the patience for this next one to wait a little bit longer. There are the dilemmas, but then it is so nice to be able to go to church and not have to change their diapers and have to smell it.
She is just so dang cute! Good job mom, keep up the good work.
Well, I HAVE waited that long until the child trains (in my case) herself, and let me tell you - it was awesome. It took a handful of tries for each girl to get the concept. That's it. With only lots of cheers from me. So good luck to you...I hate that part of parenting. :)
OK, i am a fan of let them do it themselves! Not kidding--once they get the idea you just wait for them to say they want to go and that way you avoid A LOT of really disgusting laundry. (Only took me 3 kids to figure that out) But i don't know how to avoid all those situations you mentioned . . .not looking forward to that part again!
: ) Lisa LL
Good luck on the potty training. That is always a very trying time in parenting. With her having so many people in the household that all go in the toilet maybe she will surprise you and figure it out quickly.
Post a Comment