This past week we had an arctic storm that brought the coldest temperatures in almost 40 years! And boy was it cold. Some parts of the state got to 40 degrees below zero without the windchill factor, that's cold! Here in Albuquerque we got down to just a balmy minus 14 degrees! School was canceled for various reasons, the first days were due to snow and ice, then one day it was so cold they couldn't get the buses started. The final day was due to the gas shortage and so there was no heat. Many cities were without heat for days, luckily we were not affected. So we did what any good family would do with no school all week and partied. Actually, if I had know that there would be no school all week I would have planned some more productive things to do. We set up the bouncy house inside and jumped, made cookies, built a fort, watched movies, played with play dough and tried to keep the kids occupied so they wouldn't fight.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That bouncy house seems to be the way to go for winter time. What a great idea to set it up indoors. I do bring out our small trampoline on a regular basis for energy release.
What a fun mom you are!! You amaze me!! I can't believe that you had ice on the INSIDE of your windows!! That is crazy! I hope you are all staying warm!
I'm glad the bouncy house fit. I'm not sure I will ever be able to top that gift.
Post a Comment