Saturday, June 25, 2011

Monterey California

When I found out that Keith had a Conference in Monterey, California I very eagerly invited myself along. Going on a business trip with your spouse is much more cost effective seeing as the hotel, car, flight and their food are paid for. We had a free flight saved up so that part was taken care of for me. We convinced my parents, and they very graciuosly accepted to watch the four oldest kiddos. Everyone asked, doesn't taking a baby on a getaway defeat the purpose? I replied, are you crazy, having only one kid versus five is a piece of cake. It will seem like a really relaxing trip for me, and boy was it ever. Keith was required to stay at this fancy Hyatt Resort, and I have to say I was not complaining, it was so nice. It was on a golf course and there were two amazing pools with hot tubs, fire pits and beautiful gardens.









The first day we flew into the San Jose airport, which is the closest to Monterey. We drove down the coast on highway 1. It took about 2 hours and it was really beautiful. We checked into the hotel and then headed down to Cannery Row. Cannery row is where they used to package all the fish that were caught. Now it is all converted into shops and restaurants. Also the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium is there. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at the Aquarium and had a great time. There are some really neat exhibits. They have these huge 20 foot tanks filled with amazing sea life. After the Aquarium we had dinner at a small local restaurant and it was good. Then we headed over to Ghirardelli for a yummy brownie Sundae. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day.
Naomi and I checking out the jellyfish



Dragon Seahorses



Keith thought these sardines were so cool. There we about 1000 of them that swam around and around, it was pretty neat looking.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

You are sure having some really neat experiences. I was surprised to see all the jelly fish with their tentacles up instead of down. Since I saw "Finding Nemo", I thought the jelly part stayed up so they could bounce on the tops and stay away from the stingers. I know it is not a documentary and an accurate representation, but I thought they tried to keep it pretty true to life.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you got to go there! I love that part of California. The aquarium is amazing, isn't it? And YES, I'd jump at the chance to go along on a trip with just a baby. Piece of cake!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates