Monday, June 27, 2011

Carmel & Mission Ranch

On Monday I spent the day checking out Carmel while Keith was at his conference. It was so beautiful. I strolled the town area and checked out some of the shops. It has this great European feel to it with hilly streets and lush gardens. There are all these quaint shops with ivy covered walls and thatched typed roofs. Carmel is a very expensive town to live in and the shops were also quite nice and pricey! Then I drove the Scenic Road which weaves along the cost of the town, it was so incredibly beautiful that I had to take Keith back that night. I talked to the Concierge back at the hotel and she recommend a wonderful restaurant at the Mission Ranch, in fact Clint Eastwood owned the place. It did not disappoint! We sat out on the patio and the view was breathtaking, you could see the ranch and also the ocean. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere relaxing and the food was divine! I had local Sea Bass with a lobster tarragon cream sauce and it was so good. After dinner I took Keith on the scenic drive and we admired the incredible houses and amazing ocean view. It was a wonderful evening!



House in Carmel.
Many of the houses were like this with with cobble driveways and thatched type roofs.

There were also some houses like this which you picture as the more typical California Beach house. Of course $4 million can buy a fairly nice house and that was the common price in Carmel.



This is one of the Guest Houses you can stay in at the Mission Ranch. The grounds are spectacular!


This was our view from the patio while we were eating, to the right is the ocean.

4 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

How pretty! I look forward to getting to travel with Mario when our kids are a bit bigger. Glad you had a great time!

Evans Family said...

Sounds relaxing! The baby and I are going to accompany Mike to his conference in Orlando in October. You inspired me to want to go after your post last year accompanying Keith with just Naomi. So glad you had fun!

Cheri said...

The pictures are beautiful and it is always better in person. How neat that you have been able to go with Keith on these neat trips and that you feel comfortable enough to venture out on your own. GPS makes that a whole lot less intimidating.

Nicholas said...

How fun! My brother just took a job as a General Manager in Santa Barbara. He is over the Carmel area as well. It's beautiful there.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates