This is my 101st post! I decided to copy my friend JoAnna and post 100 things about me you may or may not know. Try not to fall asleep, here goes:
1. My middle name is Marie, so is my daughter's, mom's grandma's, great grandma's and so on.
2. I never had a sweet tooth until I got pregnant with Lauren. Now I cannot get enough sweets.
3. I love dairy! Ice cream and cheese are my favorite.
4. I do not like cookies and cream ice cream, or Oreos or any cookie like Oreos.
5. I am afraid of the ocean, I will go in it but inside I always feel anxiety.
6. I am not afraid of public speaking.
7. I do not like to teach a mixed group of adults, teaching Sunday School would be terrifying for me.
8. I love teaching smalls kids. Nursery is one of the greatest callings.
9. I have been the VTing Leader and a VTing District Supervisor like 6 times. Pretty much in every ward I have ever been in since I was 18
10. I am terrible on the phone. If I have to maintain a friendship via the phone it is doomed to fail. Keith is the exception, I call him on the phone like 4 times a day.
11. I was really close to the Senior Couples on my Mission. When it was time for my Homecoming, they all got together and drove in a big caravan to come and be there. We spent the whole weekend together and I had such an amazing time. It is a very fond memory.
12. I love to write letters. Everyday I get excited to check the mail even though I know it is usually only bills.
13. I am slightly addicted to high speed Internet. I don't think I could function with dial-up. I would seriously take a small job if it meant I could afford high speed.
14. I love DI. When we were deciding which job to take after college I made pro/con lists. DI was on the pro side for cities that had one and on the con list for cities that didn't.
15. I have a secret covet of those who have COSTCO memberships. I love that place and am begging Keith to let me get a membership (Maybe a Mother's Day gift, hint hint)
16. My least favorite chore is doing the dishes
17. My favorite chore is vacuuming, I do it almost every day.
18. I try to be an environmentalist and bee as Green as possible, I am not always as good as I should be.
19. I use cloth diapers and hang all my clothes to dry.
20. I love to travel, while I am on a trip I am already planning the next trip.
21. I got good grades in High School, I graduated second in my class.
22. One of my favorite hobbies is reading. At any given time I am reading 2-3 books. If you ever have a must read book please let me know.
23. I recently read "The Kite Runner" it was one of the best, most intense books I have ever read. I was so emotionally involved in it that I would think about it for days on end. But I still can't decide if I "like" the book because it was so intense and exhausting because it was true. If you have read it let me know what you thought!
24. My daily challenge is to live as well yet frugally as possible. I love to find a great deal, it makes me feel all happy inside.
25. I had three kids in under 3 years, it was and still is super busy at all times!
26. I do not like pets of any kind.
27. I have a super sensitive gag reflex.
28. I love to have friends and do things with them.
29. I am not the best conversationalist. I prefer to let others talk and listen. I find their stories fascinating.
30. I downloaded all seasons of the Gilmore Girls and I watch them when I need to recharge.
21. I do not watch TV anymorea.
22. Gardening is one of my favorite hobbies
23. I can seriously eat a ton of food, even Keith is impressed. Keith can out eat me by far
24. My freshman year in High School I was State Debate Champion, heads up if you want to get in a deabte with me :) I am actually not a very competitive person.
25. I served a Mission in San Diego. I think about it all of the time and it was one of the hardest, greatest things that I have ever done.
26. I taught at the MTC after my Mission. I met my husband there, he was NOT a missionary!
27. One time I went to a concert of a local band that that I loved. After the show I got introduced to the lead singer and we went out a few times.
28. I listen to music all of the time and I love to dance, I am a terrible dancer.
29. I am a worse singer than dancer.
30. I used to have one of those giant cells phones that weighed like 10 pounds. My parents wanted me to have it for emergencies. I never talked on it because the rates were outrageous.
31. I always return phone calls.
32. If I could splurge on something it would be a personal trainer to whip me into shape.
33. My favorite flowers are Gebera Daisies and mini Cala Lillys
34. I have never received either of my favorite flowers.
35. I do all of the finances for the family and I love to learn about investing and finance.
36. I think that Canada seems like a great place to live. You never hear on the news about bad things in Canada.
37. I don't like to touch door handles in public places, I refuse to touch escalator handles.
38. But I am not a neat freak or germ phobic.
39. Red is my favorite color.
40. I remember everything I read, see, or hear.
41. I am good with directions, I can go someplace once and get back there without directions.
42. I am fairly clumsy, hence I am not that good at games requiring hand eye coordination.
43. I never saw Star Wars until I was 23
44. I haven't paid for a full priced movie since 2000.
45. I am a little anal about how my chicken is prepared. I can't stand any cartilage, or fatty parts etc. I has to be definitely done! I inspect it several times.
46. When I am pregnant I don't like chicken.
47. I try hard to like mushrooms and olives. No matter how hard I try I still don't like them.
48. I really want to be a photographer as a hobby. I have been researching classes that I can take to improve my skills.
49. I also want to be a really good cook. Again I have been researching classes that i can take.
50. Growing up we never had a casserole.
51. I have one younger sister
52. My sisters has all the artistic talent.
53. Growing up it was never noisy at my house
54. It is noisy at my house now everyday
55. I love 80's music, Keith makes fun of me for that.
56. My first car was a Doge Shadow. It was a standard. I burnt out the clutch learning to drive it, so did my sister.
57. One of my favorite shows for a good laugh is Everybody Loves Raymond. That show makes me laugh so hard!
58. Watching Everybody Loves Raymond with Keith is even funnier, he laughs so hard it makes me happy.
59. I am super ticklish
60. Growing up I was on swim team. In high school I swam varsity for 4 years. To this day i love to swim.
61. Ever since I was little girl, I have enjoyed ice skating.
62. I thinking watching ice skating on TV is so boring.
63. I really enjoy reading people's blogs. I like to read about the things that people experience on a daily basis. I think it makes me feel less isolated.
64. If there is a joke that I think is really funny I can't tell it without laughing so hard by the time I get to the punch line that i can't finish.
65. There are moments when I get super slap happy. I will laugh so hard that tears will stream down my face and I can hardly breathe.
66. I have always wanted to go to an Ivy League College. Keith and I are trying to figure out how I can attend one to get my Master's Degree.
67. I taught second grade and loved it!
68. Snakes and spiders terrify me. I don't care what people say, I think that they are all poisonous!
69. My favorite jeans are Lucky Brand. It is hard to find jeans that fit my big thighs!
70. I have the driest feet ever, they are so dry they crack all the times. I have yet to find something that can help them.
71. I wear support socks because varicose veins run in my family. It is a slippery slope from support socks to support shoes with the thick rubber soles.
72. I started skiing when I was 3. I haven't been skiing since I was 20.
73. I have super low blood pressure, it is so low in fact that my hands and feet are always cold!
74. I really like to stay in the hospital after I have a baby. I stay the full 48 hours. I love to have someone take care of me for once. Plus I like the Cozy Shack Pudding they bring for snacks!
75. All of my kids still take naps. It is one of my favorite times of the day. In fact I am typing this while they are all napping.
76. Our monitor was going bad and Keith talked me into getting a 24inch flat panel. It seemed to huge and unnecessary at the time. I have to secretly admit that I love it now. I can work on two programs at the same time and see them side by side both full screen!
77. I am not a very good sleeper. I sleep light and I toss and turn a lot at night. I don't think that Keith even moves.
78. Keith and I cannot agree on any girls names, boy names no problem, but girl names really stump us.
79. One of my favorite teaching moments came from a girl named Kira. She brought me a note explaining that she was going to be picked up early by her mom. Kira told me that "They were going to her Grandma's to help her paint cause they were trying to get money out of her." I still laugh over that one!
80. I never got asked to the Prom.
81. I got asked to homecoming once.
82. That is probably a god thing because as I mentioned above I am a terrible dancer.
83. I am OCD about planning. I have to have a planner and a calendar at home. I plan out all my errands and write them down. I plan my goals as well.
84. I keep a journal for each of my kids.
85. I have not written in my own journal in like 2 months.
86. We recycle as much trash as we throw away. It makes me feel good to recycle.
87. Keith and I have a plan to save for a tandem road bike and become cyclist together.
88. Keith and I want to retire early and go on as many missions as possible.
89. I I could give myself one talent it would be to play the piano well.
90. If I could strengthen one quality about myself it would be to be able to convey true love for others. To be the kind of person that when others are with you they feel truly loved and special.
91. I hope that my kids and spouse feel that way, but most of the time they probably don't which makes me feel sad.
92. I rarely cry for myself, I am a fairly calm and mellow person, so when I do cry it means I am hurting badly.
93. Seeing others, especially children, suffer makes me cry. I think I am and enabler because i like to fix other people's problems.
94. I am not very witty, I really wish that I was. It is so fun to have a conversation with a truly witty person.
95. I loathe sarcasm. In one of my Family Science classes we learned that sarcasm is a form of deception and is especially destructive to children. That just reinforced my view of sarcasm.
96. I can only sleep in a bed. I cannot fall asleep anywhere else no matter how tired I am.
97. My hair used to be naturally curly until I got pregnant. Each pregnancy has made it straighter and straighter. I wish that the curls would come back.
98. I like being pregnant, there is something so cool about a tiny baby growing inside of you. being pregnant makes me feel special.
99. Relationships are very important to me. If you are in need I would do anything for you!
100. Wow that is 99 things more than you ever wanted to know about me
8 comments:
Pamela, you are such an awesome person!
Pamela, I really enjoy getting to know more about you. Thanks for sharing, when I get braver i might give it a go.
Ok. What lead singer did you go out with?
Also, love the Cozy Shack pudding at LDS Hospital too.
Vanilla was my favorite and I can't seem to find that flavor at the stores...EVER!
What a fun idea. I loved reading about you. If I thought I had anything interesting to tell people I might try it too.
The whole time I was reading your list I kept thinking, "No wonder we are friends!" :)
What a fun idea! It just reinforces why I am so glad to have you as a sister-in-law! It really makes me miss you too, June can't come soon enough!!!
Andrea
WoW! That was so fun to read, once I started i couldn't stop. I had a hard time thinking of 5 interesting things about myself when I was tagged...I think 100 would kill me!
Post a Comment