
I really enjoy cooking and baking. I am not necessarily that good, but I enjoy it. I try as often as possible to makes things from scratch. These yummy biscuits were so divine! Fluffy, moist and delicious. I got the recipe from this famous biscuit restaurant in New York. However I would like to counter the notion that making things yourself is always cheaper than buying it at the store. Case in point, the buttermilk biscuits. I can buy a can of 6 for 57 cents, or about $1.14 a dozen. To make my buttermilk biscuits cost like $4.00 a dozen. Of course it is hard to put a price on better taste!
So my latest cooking endeavor was to make my own bagels. It is not super simple or easy, but also not too hard. You have to make the dough, let is raise etc... Well I am following along the directions with everything running fairly smoothly when I get to the boiling part. You boil bagels then cook them. Well the directions say to "drop the dough in boiling water. They are ready when the rise tot he top." So I drop the dough in and they rise tot he crap immediately. Ah man, now what do I do. The directions gave no indication as to how long to expect them to boil. Was it 2 minutes or 10? So I just kind of guessed. They came out fairly well and tasted good, but they weren't' exactly right. I am going to have to do some more research and experimentation. Anybody a bagel expert?
3 comments:
Aw, come on - no recipe for the biscuits?! I'd pay $4 for an awesome batch!!
Will you email me your recipes? I love doing stuff like that from scratch.
Whoa! You the woman!
Post a Comment