Sunday, June 6, 2010

Watch Out McGuyver!

Last week we had one of those crazy days where you have multiple things to get done and all of them essential. Keith got home from work, we had a quick dinner and then we had to head over to the church to get our recommends renewed. We had to do it that night because the stake was taking a three week break from doing interviews. As I was loading the kids in the card I noticed that Ella had a messy diaper. I knew I didn't have time to run back in, so I figured no problem I will change her at the church. I always keep the diaper bag in the car so it wouldn't be a problem at all. We get over to the church and I go to change her, only there is nothing but wipes, socks and two bibs in the diaper bag. I guess it didn't get refilled. I checked the mother's room hoping for a spare in there, but no luck. The only other people at the church were in the middle of some important looking scout ceremony. So I didn't want to bust in with my diaper emergency request. I figured we could just wait it out until I got home. Things were going ok, smelly but ok, until Ella comes waddling around the corner walking like she just got off a 100 mile horse ride and her diaper sagging to her knees. I looked at Keith and jokingly said, "Hey why don't you McGuyver me a diaper out of the socks and bibs!" He grabbed Ella and headed off to the restroom. He came back a few minutes later and Ella looked like this:

He had used her pants to cover her in front and a trash bag to wrap it all up! It wasn't pretty but it worked until we got home. I felt so badly though because the saggy diaper just chafed her thighs until they were beet red!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Very creative. :) Her poor legs, though!

Nicholas said...

You guys make us laugh. Thanks for the sweet phone call the other night. You're such good friends.

Kim L. said...

HYSTERICAL! What ingenuity, Keith!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates