Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Getaway

Keith had a business trip to Newport Beach, CA and I decided to tag along for a few days. My parents watched the three older kids and so all we had was Ella. I got to spend tons of time with my handsome hubby and I loved every minute of it! It also reminded me of why I like California so much, it is so wonderful there! The weather was perfect and we got to go to the beach, go to the Newport Temple, drive down the coast on Highway One, go to the piers, sit in the hot tub, eat yummy seafood and just have fun together. We laughed so much, mostly at the dumb things that I would do. Hey, I don't mind being the entertainment. Newport Beach is really posh. You know you are in a nice place when you see BMW and Porsche dealers. Oh no, that would be low class for Newport Beach, they have Bentley and Aston Martin dealers on every corner.
Our Hotel

I caught this shot of Ella and Keith napping



All that traveling made Ella a tired girl. She did not let out one peep on any of our four airplane rides! People kept stopping us to tell us what an amazing baby she was!


One word "yummy"




Riding the Ferry to Balboa Island




This is a shot of the homes by Newport beach. There is a canal that runs between some of the homes and Ocean on the other side. It was really pretty. To bad we can't afford the $3 million price tag for the average home.






7 comments:

Kim L. said...

AHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe you were here, and I did not get to meet you! We live inland about 45 minutes. We would have TOTALLY driven out to see you. Glad you had fun. If you are ever out here again, let me know!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! That is so nice that you got to go together with only little Ella!!! She is so adorable :)!

shelbell said...

I'm so glad you got to go! What fun. And I love the picture of Ella and Keith napping...priceless:) Cali isn't too bad is it....if you have a million dollars!

gina said...

I'm so jealous. A trip with your hubby! I think my last one was when you were here ;( That sounds so fun. And your beautiful baby. What an angel.

mama_pj said...

Wonderful pictures and it looks so fun! I am so happy that you got to have a little get away. I love the picture of Keith and Ella napping. Ella is precious!

jamirodana said...

I'm tearing up right now Pam!
ha. I love NB. Another cool thing they do there is at Christmas time, you walk along that little boardwalk next to all of the homes and they decorate them all Christmasy and you watch the boat parade on the water. The boats are decorated too. So fun! It was a family tradition to walk a long and watch and then go to the car for hot chocolate.
I love IN-N-OUT! How nice to have time together!

Nicholas said...

so, so, so, jealous. Love the pics!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates