This has been a very sad weekend for me. My good friend lost her baby at 39 weeks pregnant. She wasn't feeling quite right and went into the hospital. They hooked her up to the monitors and there was a hearbeat and everything seemed fine. Then the baby's heart stopped. My heart aches for her. I went to visit her and we shed tears as she told me all about the experience. I know that I in no way can claim to underestand how she feels and what she is experiencing. I wish that I could bear her sorrow for her. Her faith and strength are so amazing. My friend's mother passed away a few years ago. This baby girl was going to be named after her. I picture her heaven, holding her sweet namesake in her arms. I am so grateful to have the knowledge that there is life after death. I made the little shoes in the picture above for her to wear. I guess they say that time heals all wounds, but for now my heart aches.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How heartbreaking. A young couple in our ward recently lost their 18 month old daughter in a drowning and then my cousin's wife lost her sister so the gospel perspective on death has been on my mind a lot. I thought that the lesson on death in the Joseph Smith manual that we had recently in Relief Society had some interesting insights. I, too, am thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have. The hurt and the loss are still there no matter what, but at least there is always hope mixed in with that. I just can't imagine ever being in that situation; my heart truly goes out to your friend and others in similar situations.
That is just so heartbreaking. How fortunate that the Gospel does enable us to have the full picture.
I'm sorry... may you both find comfort.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Pregnancy loss at any stage is so heartbreaking, and I'm sorry for each of your grief. Here is a great blog of a woman who is so inspiring. She found out at 20 weeks pg that her baby would never survive outside the womb. When she delivered at around 32 weeks or so, the baby only lived a few hours. It is so inspiring and it may bring comfort to both you and your friend: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. You were so kind to make her some little shoes-a very tender gift. We are all so fortunate to have loving and caring friends and family to surround us and lift us. You are a wonderful friend Pamela.
Post a Comment