Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's for Dinner?


I LOVE food! I love to make it, eat it, think about it, eat it, shop for it, eat it, buy kitchen gadgets for it and eat it. Oh, did I mention that I like to eat it? I love so many different foods that I never make the same thing twice in a month. But lately for some reason, I have been in a food rut and I just can't come up with anything I want to make. So I am calling on my inter peeps for some help. What are you having for dinner? Are there any recipes that you just love? If so leave me the recipe in my comments. We will eat anything in our family, so don't hold back give me all you got! The best part is that if you get in a rut you can just come back to this post and and get some great ideas for yourself.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

OK so I can't very well request recipes without posting one of my own. Here is a great one that is so easy and yummy!

Creamy Green Chili Soup
3 chicken breats
1 onion chooped
4 cups water
1 Tablespoon chicken boullion
2 cans cream chicken soup
1/2 c chopped green chili (or to taste)
salt and pper to taste

Boil the water, onions, boullion and chicken together until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and shread. Add cream soup and green chili. Put the chicken back in and cook on low for 20-30 min.

I like to serve it with chips, avocado, and pepper jack cheeese.

Mandy said...

I leave recipes on my blog all the time! Just hop over there and click on the recipe link on the right hand side...it will bring them up from the last 2 years! I'm posting one later tonight, too!

mama_pj said...

Tonight we had a potato bar, salad, corn muffins, and apple crisp.
This is how I make my 'Oh so easy chili' to put over potatoes. Don't forget the cheese and sour cream!

1 lb. of ground beef browned with
1/2 of a chopped onion
Drain off the liquid and add:
1 can crushed tomatoes
3 cans pinto beans (you could use kidney beans, but I prefer pinto)
1 or 2 beef bullion cubes (careful, it could make it salty)
1 Tbsp chili powder

simmer together for 10-20 minutes and presto, home made chili.

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

One of our fmily favorites is Ham Roll- a recipe handed down from my mom.
Dough-
1 T yeast
1 T Sugar - combine in 2 c. warm water and let rise about 15 min.
Add 2/3 c. dry powdered milk
1 T salt
3 T oil
5-6 c. flour
Knead well, let rise until doubled in size (1-2 hrs).
Divide dough in half, roll out into a rectangle.
Layer provalone, ham and swiss chesse. Roll loaf (I usually fold into thirds) seal edge with a little water, and place sealed side down onto a cookie sheet.
Bake@ 350 for 30-40 minutes depending on oven.
I hope that makes sense. My kids love this one and we use different cheese to add variety. Enjoy!

Jana and Mario said...

I really like this one:
Saucy Chicken and Green Beans

2 cans green beans
4 chicken breast halves
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c mayo
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 c shredded cheese

Put green beans in bottom of 9x13 pan. In skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Put chicken on beans. In bowl, mix soup, mayo, lemon, and curry. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serve over Curried rice.

Curried Rice
1 c uncooked reg long-grain rice
2 c water
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1/2 to 1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 c chopped olives (optional)

Heat rice and water, bring to boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes; until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
In a skillet- melt butter. Saute onion about 2 minutes, until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir onion mixture into hot rice. Sprinkle with almonds and olives.

Hilary Brock said...

One of my favs to make is fish tacos I don't have an exact recipe but it goes something like this
Corn tortillas
white fish like cod
limes
Clod slaw (for topping)
mexican hot sauce like vallentina
Cheese
oilve oil
I make my own Pico del gallo sauce with
jalapeƱo
cilantro
onion
limes
tomato

Fry the fish in a pan with a little olive oil, limes, cilantro and spices like taco seasoning
Heat the tortillas in the microwave
Serve with cheese, cold slaw and sauce or pico and black beans with sour cream for the side

This is how they make them in Mexico and I love them. Not sure what kids will think but you could try

Hilary Brock said...

My favorite salad is from BH&G it is so good!! The dressing is the best part here is the link
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/salads/sharp-and-sweet-green-salad/

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates