Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Calgon Take Me Away!

Yesterday was one of those days! From the moment the boys got up they could not get along. They were also possessed by the evil voice that tells them to do naughty things. No matter what I did they were into something. I knew that I should have just sat down and played with them a bit and give them some attention. But I had a few things to get done quickly. So I did not listen to that little good voice that told me to play with them. Bad idea! They went upstairs to play legos. I came up a bit later and found this lovely art work on my carpet:

Blue crayon up and down the hallway, the picture shows about half of it! To Eli's defense, the white thing is a baby wipe that he tried to clean it up with. I just sighed and decided it would do no good to get mad. I figured I should go about it logically to get it all cleaned up. Here is what I did:
1. Occupied Eli, Caleb went to preschool
2. Ate some chocolate cookies (in my opinion the most important step of the process)
3. Researched how to clean up blue crayon out of carpet on the Internet
4. Set to work.
After about and hour I had cleaned a few inches. So at this rate I should be finished by next year! If you are bored come on over and we can chat while I clean some crayon.

7 comments:

Evans Family said...

I feel your pain. If I was closer I would come over and help, but my advice is to reward yourself before and after you clean every two inches with more chocolate cookies!

Nicki said...

Hey, that will give you something to do on these easy days that we just sit around and watch our kids grow up. No more sitting around, eating chocolate cookies:), while your kids fan you business. You are such a good, patient mother!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Oh wow. I can just feel the stress. Good for you for not blowing your lid; I can't say I would have been so good.

mama_pj said...

I wish I could just drop everything and come help clean the carpet...besides, I love chocolate cookies. I am so impressed that you didn't loose your temper! What a great mom. Those little boys are very fortunate. It is great that you got a picture...might come in handy in the future for blackmail. :) Love you!

jamirodana said...

Oh man! Good luck with the clean up. I'm too far away to come over or I would, but mainly for the chocolate chip cookies:) ha.

Steve and Katie said...

I think I would have ruined my resolution to yell. Thats way worse than the kix I had last week! Much harder to clean up. Good luck! And eat a few more cookies!

gina said...

I just finished a crayon cleanup post!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates