Sunday, February 22, 2009

Date Night

On Saturday Keith and I went to see the Young Ambassadors perform. It was a great show and I had a really good time. They performed popular songs throughout the ages. I was really impressed with their talent. It was a little too much singing and exuberant dancing for Keith, but for the most part he enjoyed it. We were just glad to be able to go on a date together. We are hosting two of the dancers at our house tomorrow so that should be a neat experience.
On Friday night I was asked to teach a class on Food Storage for our Ward Emergency Preparedness Night. I was a little nervous because our ward is filled with so many experts on the topic and most are really prepared. I did not get to go to the other classes but I heard they were really good. Our Ward is super organized and prepared. We are divided into areas and each area has a captain. The captains supervise a few families and we all have an emergency plan and a ward plan. I am telling you this is the Ward to live in if any type of emergency is going to happen because everyone will know what to do and be accounted for!

6 comments:

gina said...

Fun date! You would be great in that teaching.... I'd sign up!

Evans Family said...

Sounds fun!!! They came here, but the performance was on mutual night...so we couldn't go! I am glad that you guys were able to and how fun to host some of the dancers. I bet the kids will love that!

Mandy said...

I'd love to come to your class...and have a ward like yours.

Lorilee said...

Good for you. A date is always nice. I would have loved it.

I bet your lesson on preparedness was great! It is a little intimidating at times when you feel like others may know more, but lots of times they learn a little something too.

Summers Family said...

We loved hosting the ballroom dancers when they came through - it was an amazing experience for our family. I hope you had a good time hosting yours.

Nicholas said...

fun date. One of my friends is a young ambassador, any chance you ran into Megan Heaps?

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates