I am definitely a firm believer that gender comes with innate qualities from birth, boys are different than girls! I suppose that goes without saying, but over the past 6 years I have learned quite a few lessons about differences. Boys have lots of energy and they need a daily outlet for it. If you don't provide an outlet suitable to you they will jump off the furniture or anything else they can use. Even if you don't have any play weapons in the house, boys will turn a stick into a sword or gun, if there are no sticks available, they will simply use their hand. Boys are noisy. I am sure it is not scientifically proven, but I am pretty certain their voice is just plain louder than girls are. Boys are fun! They have an endless curiosity and enthusiasm.
I do not have any brothers so I have no "boy" experience whatsoever to draw upon when it comes to raising my two boys. So it has been a pretty steep learning curve for me. But with that also comes something really neat, I now get to experience brothers. Not as my own, but as an observer of my son's relationship as brothers. I love to see them play together and create things. It also comes with its fair share of disagreements. Caleb knows how to use his strength and Eli knows how to use his wit to pester. I hope that no matter what, they will be the best of friends.
The other day We were in the car and Caleb was complaining that his chest hurt and that it was really hard for him to get any air at all. I knew that he was ok and it was more of an issue of being tired than a serious medical condition. So I acknowledged his pain and gave him some words of sympathy.
Eli turned to him and said, "You can have my air Caleb!" and then proceeded to blow out a bunch of air to him.
It was a such a thoughtful gesture. To Eli, he was just offering what Caleb needed. To me it was a sweet display of love. My mommy heart was so full and I thought to myself, yes, they just might be the best of friends!
The other day We were in the car and Caleb was complaining that his chest hurt and that it was really hard for him to get any air at all. I knew that he was ok and it was more of an issue of being tired than a serious medical condition. So I acknowledged his pain and gave him some words of sympathy.
Eli turned to him and said, "You can have my air Caleb!" and then proceeded to blow out a bunch of air to him.
It was a such a thoughtful gesture. To Eli, he was just offering what Caleb needed. To me it was a sweet display of love. My mommy heart was so full and I thought to myself, yes, they just might be the best of friends!
4 comments:
Sweet boys!
I haven't read your blog for a while, but just updated myself. I fully agree with you and brotherly love. What a joy to witness that kind of friendship between the two.
Those are the moments you want to keep remembering again and again.
Oh yay for boys and true words! Jacob's little bro used to chase him around the house with a butcher knife and now they are the best of friends.
: ) Lisa
Post a Comment