Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tae Kwan Do

For the past 5 months Lauren and Caleb have been doing Tae Kwan Do, it is a Korean Martial Art. It focuses on a lot of mind and body control as well as self -defense. The kids have actually done quite well. I was worried because it is once a week for two hours and I wasn't sure if they would be able to stay focused for that long. They have been able to stay on task and I think it has helped them work on self-control. They had their first belt test and were able to get a yellow stripe. The test itself was about 2 1/2 hours and they had to remember a lot and do it by themselves. They did it and I was really proud of them.


This is a really bad picture, but I had to take it at 9:00pm. They are showing off the boards they broke with their hand.

No comments:

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates