Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It Was Bound to Happen Sooner or Later

I'm just surprised it was later rather than sooner! The Day started out like any typical Sunday does. Keith gets up and goes to meetings. We eat breakfast, play for a little while and then get ready for Church. Keith comes home and we grab a quick snack and try to be out the door by 10:30 for 11:00 Church(Yes our Ward is super on time and if you want to sit even remotely close you have to get there early) So we start getting all loaded up in the van. I'm not sure why but a simple thing like getting in the car is not so simple with 5 kids. This is where things start to fall apart. Last week our garage door opener broke, so we have been opening it the good old fashioned way, by hand. I was holding the door up so Keith could back the van out. Big Bertha is so tall there is no extra clearance on the door at all! Well the door wouldn't close all the way back down. Keith went in there to close it and that didn't go so well. We finally left and went on to Church. We parked and got the kids out and started to walk up to the door. That is when I realized that we had left Naomi at home! I casually went over to Keith who was talking with someone and asked him for the keys. He looked at me a bit confused and I leaned in and told him about the wee one still at home. I quickly drove back home, luckily we live 1 mile from the church. Naomi was fast asleep in her bed none the wiser. I brought her back and all was well. It seems like all large families have a story about leaving one of the kids behind, now we have one to tell as well!

PS Naomi, one day you will probably read our family history blog book and come across this entry. Please know that our actions in no way reflect the way we feel about you, quite the contrary, we love and adore you!

5 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

Hi! Here is our new non-private blog:
http://unslumpingyourself.blogspot.com/
Come on over and leave a message so I can send you an invite to our private family blog.
Thanks!
Jana

Emmy Bludorn said...

That is a great story. It's come close to happening to us and I'm sure it will one day soon.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

I've come REALLY close too! I like how you "casually" asked for the keys. It cracks me up that you got all the way in the church...good times! I only have three...I can't imagine adding two more in the same amount of time. You are my hero!

I love all your post. I'm so excited for Brooke to get baptized. It's so crazy! We miss you guys!

Jana and Mario said...

Sundays are so busy and rushed. I am glad you realized quickly and casually took care of the issue. At least you left her safely in her bed and not at a gas station or something! :) Thanks for sharing.

Cheri said...

That is classic. What a hoot!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates