 |
| View of the inside, front of the Basilica |
 |
| Keith checking out the confessional |
 |
| Carved wood staircase to each of the levels |
On our final day in Canada we did not have to be to the airport until 11:30 so it allowed us some time to sight see in the morning. We walked down to Old Montreal and had breakfast. I had waffles with Canadian maple syrup of course. Keith had the Continental breakfast which included bacon. I asked him, "How is your Canadian Bacon?" Ha ha, I am just so witty! Then we toured the Notre Dame Basilica, it was built like the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. It was quite ornate and had a very Gothic feel to it. Every inch was covered with some kind of carving, painting or mosaic. Then we tried to climb to clock tower by the pier, but it was closed. We had been there the day before and it was closed for a special event but they assured us it would be open the next day. I guess it wasn't meant to be. We headed back to the hotel loaded all of our stuff up and went tot he airport. Luckily the line through customs was very short and we made it through quickly. I spent my last bit of Canadian money on a chocolate bar that we shared while we were waiting. They called Keith up to the desk and told him that they needed his seat and were bumping him to First Class. Being the gentleman that he is, he immediately insisted that they give the seat to me. I have to say, being in First Class was not too shabby. You get this nice big seat, they bring you a warm lemon towel to clean your hands before they serve you lunch. They bring you all the drinks you want, in a glass cup. We don't even have glass cups at our house! Boy, it was going to be a big dose of reality coming home. Nobody to make my bed and clean the bathroom every day, nobody to cook my meals and then do the dishes. Nobody to bring me lemon towels and a drink in a real glass, I sure was spoiled on this trip. I am sure grateful that I got to spend so much time with Keith in such a beautiful place, it was a wonderful trip.
4 comments:
First class - awesome! Love it when that happens. That is quite the decorated church. Wow.
I love to see old buildings and the architechure that makes each one so different and interesting. So glad you got to see so much and the time you were able to spend together!
Sounds like you guys had so much fun! The Basilica is beautiful! We will have to find a time to meet up with you guys again sometime. I love looking at your blog and keeping up with the fun things you guys are doing. I don't always comment, but I love to read. Miss you guys!
You two deserve to spend that time together. It is always so refreshing. I definitely want to try that first class experience some time in my life.
Post a Comment