Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pie and A Good Book

Over the past year or so I have been trying to learn how to make pie.  I knew how to make some basic pies, but I wanted to make really good pie! So I have been practicing on my family with different types of crusts and fillings.  Everything from traditional pie crust to a graham cracker crust, I have done fruit and cream fillings and  even ice cream, you know me I have to have an ice cream pie.  Lately I have been trying to perfect my apple pie.  I have found a good filling recipe and I tweak it to my liking.  I have also found a great crust.  Now I just need get better at making that crust look beautiful!

The other day I found Naomi completely absorbed in a gook book.  I sure love to see my kids developing a love of reading  

Apple Pie right before it went into the oven


Naomi reading "Noah's Ark"

2 comments:

mama_pj said...

Your pie looks amazing! I have no doubt it was wonderful tasting too. Naomi is so cute and growing so fast :)

Cheri said...

I wouldn't mind sampling your pie for you and letting you know what my "expert" opinion is.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates