Saturday, June 16, 2012

Swim Team

This year we decided that Lauren and Caleb were ready for swim team, so we signed them up.  They love to swim so they were pretty excited to start this year and try out swimming as a sport instead of just recreation.  They go each morning from 9:00-10:00am,  it is pretty intense to swim for an hour straight.   I was worried that there would be a lot of complaining, but I have been so impressed with their hard work and diligent attitude. They hop in that cold water (and boy is it cold) every morning and swim their little hearts out.  I have to admit my momma heart is bursting with pride because they are trying so hard! The first meet came up and I was debating if they were ready or not.   I was leaning towards having them practice a bit more and try the next Meet.  Keith thought they should just go for it.  So on Friday they went to practice and signed up for their events.  The next morning we got up bright and early to be there for the 8:00am Meet.  They were both in the 100 yard Medley Relay and they each raced the 25 yard freestyle.  It was so fun to watch them race, it was a flashback to when I used to race at that very same pool as a kid.  I loved swim team as a kid and even all the way through high school.  I am so excited to share that passion with them and to see them enjoy it so much.  Keith was pretty excited as well.  Watching them race got him really excited to start training for his next Triathlon. Here's to a great Summer of Swimming!

Caleb getting ready to race

Caleb finishing the 25 yard freestyle
Lauren waiting to start

Lauren doing the 25 yard freestlye
Naomi spent her time walking around and looking cute so that people would give her food, she had great success!

Eli spent his time playing with the other boys whose older siblings were racing as well

4 comments:

Cheri said...

How neat that they are swimming in the same pool you used to. What were the chances of that? That is so cute to see Naomi loving the piano so much.

mama_pj said...

Wonderful for Caleb and Lauren to be on a swim team! Sounds so fun!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

I don't comment on your blog very much, but I love to read it. Your family is so fun! I really love to see how creative your kids are!

Jana and Mario said...

Swim team sounds really fun! I will have to look into that when we move. Way to go kids, I'm sure you did great!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates