So you may wonder why I blog about something so mundane as cleaning my fridge (see entry below). Well, I guess because my blog has kind of become my journal of sorts. Let's be honest, since I have started blogging I have not written in my journal as faithfully as I should. My ultimate goal is to publish my blog yearly in a bound book so that it can be a journal/family history of sorts. The fact that all of you out there actually want to read my blog is really an added bonus!
So that is why I write about all the good times, and the not so good times and everything in between. I blog about the memories I never want to forget, going to Hawaii, the first time a child says "I love you", and the birth of a new baby. I also blog about the times I would like to forget, cleaning up throw up in the middle of the night, my not so great mothering moments, and life's tragedies. The sum of all these experiences make up who I am. And maybe some day my children and their children will read these entries and know that I really lived and that I wouldn't have had it any other way!
2 comments:
I totally agree with you about your purpose for blogging. Any form of recording history is of great value. Oh and I'm sure I can do things friend to friend in regards to sewn goods.
I love it Pamela!
I started keeping my journal on the computer and i either write there first and then copy, paste and edit as necessary or write in my blog first and then copy and paste . . . Every so often i print out my journal and put it in a folder which i need to make into a notebook!
Looked like a fun bike ride!
: ) Lisa
Post a Comment